Circuit Breaker Timing and Motion Analyzer Seminar
It is a necessity to time each breaker, in order to have its functional signature. Incorrect operation can have disastrous consequences on the equipment or the substation personnel. Not to mention the out of service losses of revenue and the repair costs.
Combined with timing, motion measurements complete the overall picture of the mechanical status of the breaker contacts.
One of the main difficulties of motion measurement is positioning the transducers and finding the right attachment of the mechanical base on the breaker mechanism.
What are the main subjects?
- Presentation of circuit breaker timing and motion measurement principles according to IEC56 international standards:
- Displacement transducers, case studies of the following family of breakers:
- GL Breakers (Areva)
- HPL Breakers (ABB)
- HGF Breakers (Areva)
- KSO Breakers (GE)
- DC Current and DC Voltage transducers (case study of dynamic resistance measurements)
- AC Current transducers (case study of First trip monitoring)
What could you learn?
- A complete and detailed understanding of the international standard IEC56 related to circuit breaker motion and timing.
- Being able to interpret the obtained results.
- To monitor other parameters which can give valuable information on breakers when timing and measurements are not sufficient anymore. (current, voltage, pressure, etc.).
- To perform successful circuit breaker timing and motion measurements
- To determine which transducers to use on various breakers.
Who could be interested?
Electrical engineer, electrical technician, field engineers, project managers, inspectors, contractors, plant, supervisory and new-hire personal, maintenance engineer, operator or maintainer of circuit breakers and any company with an interest in low, medium and high voltage Circuit Breakers.
This one day seminar could be organized in your city! (min 10 persons).